Avoiding Garden Machinery Repairs in West Clandon
MPS Garden Machinery have long provided customers in West Clandon with garden machinery repairs, garden machinery servicing and garden machinery sales. Homeowners and commercial users in the area can take advantage of lawnmower servicing or lawnmower repairs at competitive local prices. Regular maintenance and responsive repair work helps our customers to get more longevity from their machinery.
Lawnmower repairs and garden machinery servicing can be costly so to help our customers avoid unwanted bills, we’ve provided maintenance tips which could help you avoid a trip from West Clandon to our garden machinery repairs workshop in Effingham, Surrey.
- Ensure blades are kept sharp. Cutting long grass at your West Clandon home with blunt blades could do damage to your lawn. If you haven’t got any blade sharpening equipment, bring your lawnmower to our workshop. One of our garden machinery servicing experts will either sharpen or replace the blades for you.
- Make sure the power lead is out of the way when cutting. You’ll be surprised how many of our customers cut through leads when mowing lawns in West Clandon and Surrey. If you have cut through an electric cable, give us a call. Lawnmower repairs are carried out by experienced technicians. If you would like to purchase a brand new machine, our garden machinery sales department is on hand to help you.
- If you use a petrol mower, always make sure your fuel is fresh. If you haven’t cut the grass for some time, you may find your lawnmower difficult to start. The best way to extend the life of fuel stored at your West Clandon home is to keep it in a cool dry place and to add a fuel conditioner. This can keep fuel fresh for up to 2 years. If you still can’t start your engine, contact our lawnmower servicing team for help.
- Clear debris from lawns before cutting. Common lawnmower repairs include re-aligning the blades after they’ve hit stones or branches at properties in West Clandon or the surrounding areas. Simple tasks can end up saving you moneyon garden machinery servicing and repairs in the long run.
- Once you’ve finished cutting the grass, clean your blades and check the nuts and bolts to make sure they’re tight. We repair many machines where a nut has worked itself loose and caused the machine to malfunction. If this has happened, don’t hesitate to contact our lawnmower servicing or garden machinery repairs team.
If your machine is beyond economical repair, maybe it’s time to think about buying a new lawnmower to use in your West Clandon garden or grounds. We sell new and used machines from top-branded companies including Hayter, Westwood, Toro, Weibang and Honda. Our garden machinery sales department is open six days a week.
Monday-Friday : 8am-5pm
Saturday : 8am-12.30pm
Sundays & Bank Holidays : Closed